Planning Process Overview
Below is general information regarding the planning application review process:
Zoning & Land Use Documents
- Local Coastal Program (LCP)
- Malibu Municipal Code (M.M.C.)
- General Plan
- Zoning Code and Local Coastal Program Interpretations and Policies Manual
Planning Application Review Brochures & Handouts
- New Application Submittal Guide
- Pre-Design Meeting Handout
Planning Application Process Flowchart - Regular Coastal Development Permit
Planning Application Process Flowchart - Administrative Coastal Development Permit
- Planning Acronyms
- Applications, Forms, and Fees
The City Biologist is available on Tuesdays from 9 to 11 a.m. The M.M.C. and LCP outline specific requirements for landscaping.
Additional Biology Resources
- Biology Reporting Requirements
- Invasive Plant Species Prohibited From Use
Plant species included on this list are prohibited from use anywhere in Malibu as they are known to be highly invasive and can easily spread.
- Landscape Water Conservation Ordinance (M.M.C. Chapter 9.22)
- Native Plants of the Santa Monica Mountains
This is a list of plant species native to the Santa Monica Mountains area. These species are encouraged to be utilized in landscape design; however, some of these species are not appropriate for use with the Fuel Modification Zones A and B due to their level of flammability. Ornamental species not included on the invasive species list may be utilized in the irrigated zones around habitable structures.