Depending on the type of event, where it will be held, the number of guests/participants, or other factors, a permit from the City may be required.
What type of event permit do I need?
- If you are planning to have a party in a residential zone, you may need a Special Event Permit.
- If you are planning to have an event in a non-residential zone, you may need a Temporary Use Permit
- If any portion of your event is on a public roadway, you may need an Encroachment Permit for a Special Event on Public Propertyfrom the City's Public Works Department
- Review the Requirements for Recycling and Disposal Plan and post-event report
- Public Beaches - If you would like to have an event on a public beach (e.g., Zuma Beach, Point Dume Beach, Surfrider Beach), you will not require a permit from the City of Malibu. Instead, contact the Los Angeles County Department of Beaches and Harbors at 424-526-7880.
Sign Up for E-notifications
- Event Permit Report - weekly report of permitted events scheduled in the City
- Applications and Forms
- Special Event Permit
- Temporary Use Permits