Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, limited City recreation programs are available at this time.
- Please visit Malibucity.org/register to see which programs are currently being offered.
- Visit the Virtual Recreation Center for recreation programs, livestreams, and activities you can do at home.
- Follow the Community Services Department on social media or sign-up for E-notifications to receive updates on class offerings.
- For updates, community resources and more information about the Coronavirus, visit MalibuCity.org/Coronavirus
Parent and Me classes require adult participation, which may include biological parents, adoptive parents, guardians, stepparents, grandparents, or any other type of parenting relationship. These playful, yet structured, Parent & Me classes give adults a chance to interact and nurture a relationship with their child. All classes promote bonding while helping children develop cognitive, social, and motor skills. Parent & Me classes are an opportunity to learn, play, and grow together.
- Family Events
- Park Tales
- Yoga and Mindfulness
- Music Together
Children can always benefit from a socially-active educational program. Programs focus on providing opportunities for children to learn and develop social skills, basic motor skills, coordination, and self-expression.
- Super Soccer Stars, Ages 2-7
- Improv with Young Actors Projects
- Middle School Yoga
- Middle School Girls Volleyball
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Cartooning and Chess with Larry Scott
The City of Malibu Community Services Department partners with the Boys and Girls Club of Malibu (BGCM) to offer outdoor programs. BGCM members and non-BGCM members are welcome to participate in the programs.
The City offers community classes and workshops for adults of all ages and ability. For information on Senior and Active Adult Classes held at the Malibu Senior Center, call 310-456-2489 ext. 279.
- Social Dance Classes with Erin Durand
- Ballroom Dance Classes with MC
- $2 Tai Chi Tuesday
- Tai Chi with Master Yun
- MLab Workshops
- Family Events
Community Service Opportunities
The City of Malibu Community Services Department offers a variety of volunteer opportunities throughout the year. We are continuously looking for volunteers to assist with tiny tot programs, senior citizen programs, environmental programs, special events, sports and more.
The City of Malibu is an approved organization for Malibu High School Community Service Learning, and offers a great opportunity for Malibu High School students to complete their service-learning hours that is part of their curriculum to graduate. All hours completed by a student with the City of Malibu will count towards the 80-hour high school graduation requirement.
Volunteers must complete and sign the Volunteer Registration Form prior to assisting the City. Submit the Online Volunteer Form or print the Volunteer Registration Packet. For additional information on volunteering with the City, contact Lisa Crespo at 310-456-2489, ext. 279.
For a complete list of community service opportunities, visit the Volunteer Page.