Numerous resources and agencies are available to assist residents affected by the Woolsey Fire.
- Statewide Wildfire Recovery Resources: WildfireRecovery.org
- LA County Recovers Website: LACounty.gov/Recovery
- LA County Road Closures: DPW.LACounty.gov/RoadClosures
- LA County Debris Removal: Homeowner's Guide for Floods, Debris Removal and Erosion Control
- Cal Fire’s Post-Wildfire Recovery: ReadyForWildfire.org/PostWildfire
- CalEPA Disaster Response and Preparedness: CalEPA.ca.gov/Disaster
- CalRecycle Wildfire Debris Cleanup and Recovery: CalRecycle.ca.gov/disaster/wildfires
- City of Malibu: Guidelines for Swimming Pools Impacted by Fire, Smoke, and Ash
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): FEMA.gov or DisasterAssistance.gov. Register by telephone at 800-621-3362. For TTY, call 800-462-7585
- Small Business Association: SBA.gov
- California Department of Insurance (CDI): 800-927-4357 or Insurance.CA.gov
- Disaster Distress Helpline - call 800-985-5990
For more detailed information about utility services provided for properties affected by the Woolsey Fire, visit the Utilities page.
Los Angeles County Waterworks District 29
- LACWaterworks.org or call 800-675-4357
Southern California Gas Company (SoCal Gas)
Southern California Edison (SCE)
- Outage Center: SCE.com/outage
- Rebuild/Planning: SCE.com/LocalPlanning or call 800-655-4555
- SCE Clean Energy and Resiliency Program - get up to $17,500 in rebates
- Rebates: SCE.com/Residential/Rebates-savings/rebates
- View SCE notice regarding equipment inspection activity in Malibu or visit SCE.com/safety/wildfire for more information
West Basin Municipal Water District (West Basin)
Metropolitan Water District (MWD)
- Rebates: SoCalWaterSmart.com/en/Residential
Malibu residents are eligible for a $2 per square foot of converted turf. MWD is granting exceptions to Woolsey Fire-affected residents for the turf removal program. If your landscape was burned and you are planning to replace it with drought-resistant landscaping, apply for the rebate and contact SoCalWaterSmart for a waiver as a Malibu resident affected by the Woolsey Fire.
Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) provides temporary unemployment benefits to people whose jobs or work hour losses are a direct result of the disasters. DUA is available for employees of Malibu businesses, people who are self-employed, and people employed domestically, such as housekeepers, nannies, gardeners, etc.
Affected individuals are encouraged to apply for DUA through the California Employment Development Dept, which will first check to see if applicants can qualify for regular State unemployment benefits. The deadline to apply for DUA has been extended to March 15, 2019.
Workers in Malibu who lost jobs or work hours due to the fire may receive job placement assistance, job training, and other support services through the LA County Job Center of California. For more information, view the program flyer or visit WIOA.I-Train.org.
Survivors who may be stressed, anxious or depressed following the wildfires can receive free disaster crisis counseling. Survivors who wish to speak to a counselor may call 800-985-5990 or text Talkwithus@66746. Counseling does not require registering with FEMA.
- Malibu Rebuilds webpage - MalibuRebuilds.org
- Subscribe for City of Malibu updates by text and email at MalibuCity.org/WoolseyAlerts
- Sign up for City of Malibu Disaster Notifications: MalibuCity.org/DisasterNotifications
- Alert Center: MalibuCity.org/Alerts
- Twitter: @CityMalibu
- Facebook: @CityofMalibu
- Malibu City Hall: 310-456-2489