Pollution Prevention hotline
Call 310-456-2489, ext. 311 to report flows into the storm drain system or onto any public street.
The Pollution Prevention Hotline is for the public to provide immediate notification of activities that are impacting the environment and/or public health.
- Bilingual operators (English and Spanish) standing by 24/7.
- Operators notify the City; staff may contact the caller for additional information.
- All caller information will be kept confidential.
Complete a Pollution Report online to report flows into the storm drain system or onto any public street.
Call 310-456-2489, ext. 311 if activities are currently impacting the environment or public health. City staff will be notified.
- Only report incidents via email if the event happened in the recent past or is not immediately dangerous to the environment or public health.
- Attach photos if possible.
- Note: the City's data file size limit is 10MB per email.
Examples of prohibited activities
- Sewage discharges onto the ground, into storm drains, or surface waters (creeks and oceans)
- Overflowing onsite wastewater treatment systems (OWTS, also known as septic systems)
- Septic flowing towards storm drains or surface waters
- Graywater (water from washing machines or car washing) flowing towards storm drains or surface waters
- Pollution entering storm drains or surface waters
- Contamination to creeks, lagoons, or the ocean
- Dry-weather discharge from pipes
- Dumping into drains and/or surface waters
- Construction site soil or debris entering the streets, storm drains, or surface waters
- Polluted runoff from construction storage or leaking dumpsters