City Hall continues to be open to the public by appointment with protocols in place to protect public health and prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Community members must stay home and reschedule their in-person appointments if they have tested positive for COVID-19, are experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms, or have been exposed to someone who is sick.
When visiting City Hall all visitors must:
- Wear face coverings at all times
- Maintain a minimum six-foot physical distance from others
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer frequently
- Follow floor markings and occupancy limits throughout the building
APPOINTMENTS WITH PLANNING STAFF
The Planning Department's In-Person and E-Services Guide lists all services and the format they are offered in: in-person, by appointment, virtual meetings, and e-services. Some services are only offered in one format. Visit the Planning Department webpage for more information.
APPOINTMENTS WITH Building Safety, Environmental Health, or PUBLIC WORKS Staff
To facilitate the appointment process, the City has developed a new scheduling system for Building Safety, Environmental Health, and Public Works. To schedule an appointment with department staff, click on the appropriate box below and follow the prompts.
COVID-19 SELF CERTIFICATION QUESTIONS
All visitors must be able to answer NO to all questions in order to enter City Hall. If your answer to any of the questions is YES, you must wait to schedule your appointment at a later date.
1) Do you have any of the following symptoms? Cough, Muscle pain, Shortness of breath, Sore throat, Fever, New loss of taste or smell, Chills
2) Have you had close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19? Close contact means you were within six feet of or came in direct contact with secretions (e.g., sharing utensils, being coughed or sneezed on, etc.). The timeframe for having contact with an individual includes the 48 hours before the individual became symptomatic.
3) Have you been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by your doctor or local public health official in the last two weeks?
If you answered NO to all the above questions, select an appointment time using the scheduler below. City staff will follow up with you to confirm your appointment at which time you will be asked these questions again. If you develop any COVID-19 symptoms prior to your arrival, please cancel your appointment immediately.
contact City staff by Phone or Email
- Building Safety: 310-456-2489, ext. 390 or MBuilding@malibucity.org
- Environmental Health: 310-456-2489, ext. 390 or MBuilding@malibucity.org
- Public Works: 310-456-2489, ext. 391 or MPublicWorks@malibucity.org
- Planning: 310-456-2489, ext. 485 or MPlanning@malibucity.org
- All other City business: 310-456-2489, ext. 392 or firstname.lastname@example.org