Malibu Municipal Code (MMC) Chapter 3.28 establishes a Utility User Tax for all users of utilities in the City, such as gas, electricity, and communication services. MMC Section 3.28.060 exempts senior citizens who meet the minimum qualifications listed below from the requirement to pay the Utility User Tax.
- You are the head of a household
- You are 62 years of age or older
- You receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits from the Social Security Administration (for definition of SSI benefits, refer to the Social Security Administration website)
- You are a Malibu resident
- You can present a utility bill in your name
- A copy of the most recent utility bill (electric, gas, telephone)
- A copy of your Supplemental Security Income (SSI) statement.
- A copy of a valid California I.D. or driver license
All copies must be made prior to submitting paperwork.
How To Apply
Any individual who meets the above requirements must submit an application with required documentation to:
City of Malibu
23825 Stuart Ranch Road
Malibu, CA 90265-4861
Contact Finance staff at 310-456-2489, ext. 223 with any questions about this program.