Film permits are required for any commercial production filming or still shoots within the Malibu city limits. Please note that filming is not allowed on Sundays under any circumstance.
- Film companies should call the Malibu Film Office at 805-495-7521 for all information related to permits and filming in Malibu.
- Malibu residents wishing to report violations or who need assistance with issues related to filming in their neighborhood may call 805-495-7521. (For after-hours assistance, call 805-732-9433.)
- Film Permitting Jurisdiction - Summary of when a film permit is required and contact information for permit issuing agencies
- Film Application and Permit - Permit application form for filming in the City of Malibu
- List of Solid Waste Haulers permitted to work within the city limits
- Fee Schedule - Filming - Adopted Fee Schedule for Filming Permits in current fiscal year
- Malibu Municipal Code Chapter 5.20 - Current City of Malibu ordinance related to motion pictures, television, and photographic productions (adopted February 28, 2005)
- California Film and Television Tax Credit Program - Established when Governor Brown signed AB 1839, the California Film and Television Job Retention and Promotion Act, on September 18, 2014