With almost 13,000 residents and millions of visitors annually, clear and consistent communication is essential to provide the public with factual and relevant information about Malibu.
The City of Malibu utilizes social media to help achieve its goal of more proactive, informative communication with individuals both inside and outside the city, as well as government agencies and the news media. Social media platforms promote goals of the city and the missions of its departments, as well as provide key information on programs, projects, and emergencies.
Follow these links to learn more about each platform's specific privacy policies:
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/privacy
- Instagram - https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
- Nextdoor - https://help.nextdoor.com/s/article/privacy-and-safety-on-nextdoor?language=en_GB
- YouTube - https://policies.google.com/privacy
The City encourages public interaction and communication about the content we post on our social media accounts. However, this does not imply that the City agrees with or accepts the content, opinions, or views expressed within any public comment. The person who posts a comment is solely responsible for the content of the comment.
While the City does not discriminate against views or opinions posted to its social networking accounts, the City of Malibu reserves the right to remove or not approve any comment. A comment will not be edited or modified to remove unacceptable content; the entire comment will simply be deleted and preserved as a public record.
Some of the reasons a comment may be removed include:
- Abusive, vulgar, obscene, racist, threatening, or harassing comments
- Libel, slander, or personal attacks of any kind, including the use of offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups
- Spam, including content that promotes products or services, or contains gratuitous links
- Unsupported accusations
- Suggestion or encouragement of illegal, dangerous, or destructive activity
- Duplicate posts
- Clearly off topic
- Political campaigning or lobbying
- Comments that are really customer support questions (for that, contact City Hall at 310-456-2489 or email email@example.com)
Moderating or responding to comments should only be expected to occur during normal business hours.
The City uses third-party social media services for outreach, some of which may require a membership that subjects users to policies, requirements, or rules beyond the control of the City of Malibu. The City does not endorse membership in a particular social media service.