Malibu City Hall is closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (third Monday in January)
- Presidents Day (third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Veterans Day (November 11)
- Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November)
- The Friday following Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve (noon to 5:30 PM on Monday through Thursday, or 11:30 AM to 4:30 PM on Friday)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
- New Year's Eve (December 31, 12:00 to 5:30 PM on Monday through Thursday, or 11:30 AM to 4:30 PM on Friday)
If any holiday falls on a Sunday, the following Monday will be observed as the holiday, or if any such date falls on a Saturday, the preceding Friday will be observed as the holiday.
Malibu Municipal Code Section 8.24.050(G) prohibits construction of any kind on City holidays, except the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and New Years Eve.