Do I need a permit to install erosion control devices for storm preparation?

Erosion control devices help control or prevent wind- or water-induced erosion of exposed soil and debris. Normally, review and approval from the Building Safety Division is required before these devices can be installed. This will help ensure they are installed properly and do not cause further damage to the property or a neighboring property. However, if rain is expected in the upcoming 24 to 48 hours, property owners may proceed to put erosion control measures in place without obtaining a permit. For additional information, visit the Storm Preparation page on the site.

Show All Answers

1. How do I find existing permits for my destroyed or damaged structures?
2. What steps toward rebuilding can I take now?
3. How do I request a fee waiver or fee refund for a fire rebuild?
4. When is the deadline to apply to rebuild?
5. Am I able to stay on my property while I process an application to rebuild?
6. If I choose to rebuild or repair my home, what kind of permits will I need?
7. Do I need a permit to install erosion control devices for storm preparation?
8. Can I use any remaining structural elements?
9. What if I have no plans to rebuild?
10. If I sell my property, is the new owner able to take advantage of the expedited processes and exemptions?
11. What are the property rights if a Woolsey affected property is sold?
12. What if I have charred landscaping but no structural damage?
13. Am I able to install temporary fencing to secure my property?
14. What are some resources to keep informed?