NEW/UPDATED REBUILD INFORMATION
New information is constantly being updated by the City and received from various agencies. This information is regularly added to the Woolsey Fire pages on the City website. Below is a summary of new or updated information recently received and posted:
- L.A. County, CalRecycle and CalOES are hosting two Fire Debris Removal Workshops for Malibu residents impacted by the Woolsey Fire this Saturday, December 22, at 10:00 AM at Malibu City Hall (23825 Stuart Ranch Rd., Malibu CA 90265) and at 2:00 PM at Las Virgenes Water District (4232 Las Virgenes Rd., Calabasas, CA 91302). For more information, call 626-979-5370 or visit www.LACounty.gov/lacountyrecovers.
- Updated list of agencies offering services at the Malibu Disaster Recovery Center.
- Phase I HazMat Inspections - updated daily
- Phase II Debris Removal Forms - private (non-CalRecycle) removal:
- Pick up mail at Point Dume Post Office
Starting Monday, Dec. 24, Malibu postal customers can pick up their P.O. Box mail and all other mail held for pick-up at the Point Dume Post Office (29160 Heathercliff Rd., at PCH) Monday through Friday, 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Saturdays 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM. The Point Dume Post Office has been temporarily closed since November 9 due to the Woolsey Fire. Signs are posted at all Malibu Post Offices. On Friday and Saturday, Dec. 21 and 22, Malibu P.O. Box customers should still pick up P.O. Box mail and hold for pick-up mail at the Agoura Hills Post Office (5158 Clareton Dr., Agoura Hills), Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Saturdays 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM. Retail services at Point Dume will resume on Monday, Jan. 7, 2019. Customers must bring photo ID to obtain their mail.
- Southern California Gas step-by-step guidelines for customers affected by the fire - SoCalGas.com/fires
- CalOES and FEMA warn residents to be aware of scams - www.OESnews.com/beware-of-post-wildfire-scams/
- Los Angeles County Dept of Consumer & Business Affairs info on protecting yourself from price gouging and other scams - DCBA.LACounty.gov/DisasterReady.
MALIBU CITY HALL
- Monday & Tuesday, Dec 24-25 Closed
- Wednesday & Thursday, Dec 26-27 Open 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Friday, Dec 28 Open 7:30 AM to 2:30 PM
- Monday & Tuesday, Dec 31 & Jan 1 Closed
DISASTER RECOVERY CENTER
- Monday, Dec 24 Open 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Tuesday, Dec 25 Closed
- Wednesday-Saturday, Dec 26-29 Open 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Monday, Dec 31 Open 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Tuesday, Jan 1 Closed
DISASTER RECOVERY CENTERs
The Malibu DRC is located in the former Malibu Courthouse (23555 Civic Center Way) with a full staffing of county, state and agencies and non-profit organizations to help fire victims recover and rebuild. FEMA now has more staff on hand and can now process claims on-site. The DRC is open Monday through Saturday, 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM, closed Sundays and Holidays. For more information, including a list of agencies, visit MalibuCity.org/DRC. A second DRC is located at The Hilton Foundation, (30440 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills, CA 91301), with the same open hours and services.
Alerts and Notifications
Information about rebuilding following the fire: MalibuCity.org/Rebuild
Sign up for non-emergency Woolsey Fire e-notifications: MalibuCity.org/WoolseyAlerts
Sign up for emergency, traffic, utility, and weather alerts: MalibuCity.org/News
Sign up for Disaster Notifications (used for evacuations): MalibuCity.org/DisasterNotifications