The Woolsey Fire, which broke out in Chatsworth on the afternoon of Thursday, November 8, and reached Malibu early Friday morning, continues to burn throughout the city. A mandatory evacuation was issued for all of Malibu on Friday, November 9. The following is the latest confirmed information:
UPDATE TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 7:00 PM
The following information was confirmed by LA County Fire and other first responders.
- Current estimate - Cal Fire Incident Update
- Mandatory evacuation lifted Tuesday, November 13, 3:00 PM for RESIDENTS ONLY (with proper I.D.) in the following sections of Malibu:
- West of Coastline Dr
- East of Carbon Mesa Rd
- From the ocean to the northern Malibu city limits (between Coastline and Carbon Mesa Rd) with the following exceptions:
- FULL CLOSURE at Tuna Canyon Rd and Pacific Coast Hwy
- FULL CLOSURE on Rambla Pacifico Dr, 400 meters north of PCH (at Tennis Courts)
- The rest of Malibu remains under Mandatory Evacuation order.
- Heavy presence of LA County Sheriff Deputies throughout Woolsey Fire area
Further updates can be found at lacounty.gov/woolseyfire