The Woolsey Fire, which broke out in Chatsworth on the afternoon of Thursday, November 8, and reached Malibu early Friday morning, continues to burn throughout the city. A mandatory evacuation was issued for all of Malibu on Friday, November 9. The following is the latest confirmed information:
UPDATE SUNDAY NOVEMBER 11, 12:00 PM
The following information was confirmed by LA County Fire and other first responders.
- Current estimate - 83,275 acres, 10% contained.
- Malibu still under mandatory evacuation
- 200 LA County Sheriff Deputies in Woolsey Fire area
- PCH closed to all traffic between LA/Ventura from County line and Sunset Blvd.
- US-101 closed between Reyes Adobe and Valley Circle. The CHP is hoping to re-open the freeway in both directions this afternoon, however off ramps from Reyes Adobe to Parkway Calabasas will remain closed
- Camarillo Community Center
1605 E. Burnley St., Camarillo, CA 93010. Accepting small animals.
- Borchard Community Center
190 Reino Rd., Newbury Park, CA 91320. Accepting small animals.
- Pierce College
7100 El Rancho Dr., Woodland Hills, CA 91371 (Entrance off Desoto Ave.)
- Canoga Park High School
- Palisades Charter High School
AT CAPACITY: Goebel Senior Adult Center – 1385 E. Janss Rd., Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
AT CAPACITY: Thousand Oaks Teen Center – 1375 E. Janss Rd., Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
AT CAPACITY: Taft Charter High School – 5461 Winnetka Ave., Woodland Hills, CA 91364
CLOSED: Thousand Oaks Community Center – 2525 N. Moorpark Rd., Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
- Agoura Animal Care Center (Under Mandatory Evacuation)
- Animals in crates accepted at all Red Cross shelters EXCEPT Palisades Charter
- Industry Hills Expo Center, 16200 Temple Ave. City of Industry is opening stables for any horses being evacuated from the wildfires. Approximately 250 stalls available. Call 626-330-0324; After Hours Assistance: 626-216-6428
- Pierce College (FULL)
- Hansen Dam (FULL)
- Antelope Valley Fairgrounds (2551 W Ave H, Lancaster)
City of Malibu: www.malibucity.org/AlertCenter
County of Los Angeles www.lacounty.gov/woolseyfire/
Ventura County www.vcemergency.com/
SoCal Gas: https://www.socalgas.com/newsroom/fires
SoCal Edison: https://on.sce.com/1QUfP6U
Los Angeles County District 29 Public Notice