INCOMING MALIBU CITY COUNCILMEMBERS MAKE COMMISSION APPOINTMENTS
Recently elected Councilmembers Marianne Riggins and Doug Stewart made several appointments to City Commissions and Committees on January 9. The City’s Commissions, Committees, and Boards make recommendations to the City Council on matters within the City’s jurisdiction, and members are residents serving in a volunteer capacity. They serve an important role in community involvement, ensuring that the knowledge, experience, perspectives, values, needs, ideas and concerns of Malibu’s community members are represented. The City thanks all Commissioners and Committee Members for their service to Malibu.
Councilmember Marianne Riggins made the following Commission appointments:
- Malibu Arts - Julia Holland
- Parks and Recreation - Cayley Jenner
- Planning – Skylar Peak
- Public Safety - Brian Merrick
- Public Works - Mica Belzberg
- Wastewater Advisory - Nick Barsocchini
- Homelessness Task Force - Bill Winokur
- Homelessness Task Force - Wayne Cohen
Councilmember Doug Stewart made the following Commission appointments:
- Malibu Arts - E. Barry Haldeman
- Parks and Recreation - Alicia Peak
- Planning – Jeff Jennings
- Public Safety - Chris Frost
- Public Works - Wade Major
- Wastewater Advisory - Norm Haynie
The City Manager Update of January 20 incorrectly stated the Councilmembers’ Planning Commission appointments (those listed here are correct). We apologize for any confusion.
To learn more about the City’s Commissions, Committees, and Boards, visit the webpage.
To see all of the appointments that the City Council made on January 9, including new Committees, and City Councilmembers who were appointed to sit on the boards of outside agencies, visit the website.