The Senior Center at Malibu city hall has re-opened and resumes in-person programs
The City of Malibu welcomes Malibu’s seniors back to the Senior Center starting April 1 as part of the reopening of City Hall to the public. The Senior Center will be open Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
“The Senior Center at Malibu City Hall is a vital hub where elders in our community can socialize, stay in touch with the community, and stay active, healthy, and engaged,” said Mayor Paul Grisanti. “Throughout the pandemic, the City has offered a range of remote and outdoor activities to serve our seniors, and we are delighted that COVID-19 rates are low enough for us to reopen the Senior Center. We look forward to seeing you.”
Seniors will have access to general use areas of the Center, such as the computer lab, library, and numerous recreation programs. Staff is also available to assist with Dial-A-Ride questions and program registrations. Fresh coffee will be available daily from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Face coverings are strongly recommended but not required in Malibu City Hall, in line with the updated Los Angeles County Health Officer Order as of March 4, 2022.
Ongoing Senior Programs in April:
- Knitting: Monday, 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM at the Senior Center
- Chair Yoga: Monday, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM at the Senior Center
- Stretch and Strength: Monday, 1:00 - 2:00 PM at Malibu Bluffs Park
- Cardio Salsa: Tuesday, 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM at Malibu Bluffs Park
- Mat Yoga: Tuesday, 1:00 - 2:00 PM at the Senior Center
- Stretch and Strength: Wednesday, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM at Malibu Bluffs Park
- Relax Through Coloring: Wednesday, 1:00 - 2:00 PM at the Senior Center
- Gentle Mat Pilates: Thursday, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM at the Senior Center
- Cardio Salsa: Thursday, 12:30 - 1:30 PM at Malibu Bluffs Park
- Knitting: Friday, 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM at the Senior Center
- Stretch and Strength: Friday, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM at Malibu Bluffs Park
- Relax Through Coloring: Wednesday, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM at the Senior Center
Special Senior Programs in April:
- Tech Help: Tuesday, April 12, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM at the Senior Center
- Legacy Walk: Thursday, April 14, 9:00 - 10:00 AM at Legacy Park
- Point Dume Hike: Tuesday, April 19, 9:30 - 11:00 AM at Point Dume State Park
- Art Trek: Thursday, April 28, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM at the Senior Center
- Earth Day Giveaway: Friday, April 29, 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM at the Senior Center
Information about programs is available in the Senior News and Views Newsletter, which is mailed directly to Malibu Senior Center members each month. The newsletter is also available on the webpage, or in person at Malibu Bluffs Park and Malibu City Hall.
For more information on senior programs and transportation services, visit the webpage or contact the Senior Center at 310-456-2489, ext. 357 or e-mail at MalibuSeniorCenter@MalibuCity.org.