Disaster Recovery Center (DRC)
Following the Woolsey Fire, Los Angeles County, in partnership with the US Department of Homeland Security. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (CalOES), operate two Disaster Recover Centers (DRCs), one in Malibu and one in Agoura Hills. The DRCs provide a central location where individuals, family members, and business owners affected by the fire can talk to government and non-profit agencies that can help them begin the recovery process and access needed services, resources, and support from a variety of public and non-profit agencies.
The Malibu DRC is located in the former Malibu Courthouse (23555 Civic Center Way) with a full staffing of agencies and services, including:
- Guidance for disaster recovery
- Clarification of any written correspondence received
- Housing assistance and Rental Resource information
- Answers to questions, resolution to problems, and referrals to those who can assist residents to fulfill their needs
- Registering with FEMA and the National Processing Service Centers (NPSC) onsite
- Status of applications being processed by FEMA, Small Business Administration (SBA), and State
Hazard Mitigation (HM) reconstruction information and general HM information
DRC HOURS OF OPERATION
Effective November 30, the DRC is regularly open Monday through Saturday, from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM. The DRC is closed on Sundays and holidays.
The Malibu Library (23519 West Civic Center Way) is assisting the DRC by providing laptops, public PCs, WiFi, and space in the community meeting room. Malibu Library offers special extended hours on Fridays and Saturdays to coincide with the DRC hours of operation.
The DRC in Agoura Hills, located at the Hilton Foundation Building, 30440 Agoura Road, Agoura CA 91301, has the same schedule and services as the Malibu DRC, and starting December 5 will have FEMA processing claims on-site.