October 14, 2023
Annual Bulky Item Pickup
Saturday, October 14, 2023
The City is partnering with Waste Management to host a free bulky item pickup. Household bulky items are oversized materials that will not fit into a solid waste bin such as a mattress or a sofa. Residents are encouraged to donate gently-used items to charitable organizations or thrift shops.
Universal Waste Systems customers may call 800-631-7016 for bulky item disposal options.
Schedule an Appointment
- Must RSVP by calling Waste Management’s Service Center at 800-675-1171 before 12:00 PM on Friday, October 13. The Service Center hours are 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Describe what items need to be collected so that the bulky collection will be properly routed.
- Place bulky items curbside before 6:00 AM on Saturday, October 14. The bulky items may be picked up by a different truck and driver than the normal waste hauling service.
- Maximum of seven (7) items per household.
Acceptable and Non-Acceptable Materials
- Acceptable items include household appliances, furniture, carpet, mattresses, stereos, electronics, and refrigerators.
- Non-acceptable items include tires, household hazardous waste (paint, motor oil, batteries) spas, camper shells, cast-iron bathtubs or items requiring more than two persons to safety handle. Bulky items cannot exceed eight feet in length, four feet in width or weigh more than 150 pounds.