September 22, 2020
Community Fire Season Briefing
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
As part of National Preparedness Month, the community is encouraged to attend a briefing about the ongoing fire season and potential impacts on Malibu. Taught by Los Angeles County Fire Department.
Los Angeles County Fire Department will provide information about the current outlook for the upcoming peak fire season. Including information about local fuel moisture, expected weather patterns, and what that means for Malibu.
Register at MalibuSafety.EventBrite.com
and a Zoom link will be provided to view the event.
National Preparedness Month
September is National Preparedness Month, and the Public Safety Office is hosting numerous events to encourage the public to get prepared:
- Tuesday, September 1, 6:00 PM - Sheltering During COVID-19
- Thursday, September 3, 6:00 PM - New Evacuation Zones
- Thursday, September 10, 6:00 PM - Disaster Plans and Emergency Kits
- Thursday, September 17, 6:00 PM - Earthquake Preparedness and Home Hazards
- Tuesday, September 22, 6:00 PM - Community Fire Season Briefing
- Wednesday, September 23, 6:00 PM - New Evacuation Zones
- Thursday, September 24, 6:00 PM - Home Ignition Zone Seminar
- Monday, September 28, 6:00 PM - Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS)
- Wednesday, September 30, 6:00 PM - Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all trainings, seminars, and briefings will be held online.