September 10, 2020
City staff will teach a class about how to create Disaster Plans and Emergency Kits, augment existing ones. Your family's kit and plan should be individualized to meet you family's needs including pets, children, seniors, or access and functional needs.
Disaster Plans and Emergency Kits Class
Thursday, September 10, 2020
As part of National Preparedness Month, the community is encouraged to attend a class about how to create Disaster Plans and Emergency Kits, or augment existing ones. Taught by City Staff.
Register at MalibuSafety.EventBrite.com and a Zoom link will be provided to view the event.
National Preparedness Month
September is National Preparedness Month, and the Public Safety Office is hosting numerous events to encourage the public to get prepared:
- Tuesday, September 1, 6:00 PM - Sheltering During COVID-19
- Thursday, September 3, 6:00 PM - New Evacuation Zones
- Thursday, September 10, 6:00 PM - Disaster Plans and Emergency Kits
- Thursday, September 17, 6:00 PM - Earthquake Preparedness and Home Hazards
- Tuesday, September 22, 6:00 PM - Community Fire Season Briefing
- Wednesday, September 23, 6:00 PM - New Evacuation Zones
- Thursday, September 24, 6:00 PM - Home Ignition Zone Seminar
- Monday, September 28, 6:00 PM - Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS)
- Wednesday, September 30, 6:00 PM - Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all trainings, seminars, and briefings will be held online.