September 23, 2020
The Los Angeles County Fire Department and city staff will provide information on the new Evacuations Zones, part of the the new Mass Evacuation Plan, an update to the City’s Emergency Operations Plan. The Mass Evacuation Plan was one of the findings of the working group assembled after the 2018 Woolsey Fire.
Malibu's New Evacuation Zone Seminar
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
As part of National Preparedness Month, the community is invited to view a seminar on the New Evacuation Zones presented by Los Angeles County Fire Department and City staff.
Register at MalibuSafety.EventBrite.com and a Zoom link will be provided to view the event.
National Preparedness Month
September is National Preparedness Month, and the Public Safety Office is hosting numerous events to encourage the public to get prepared:
- Tuesday, September 1, 6:00 PM - Sheltering During COVID-19
- Thursday, September 3, 6:00 PM - New Evacuation Zones
- Thursday, September 10, 6:00 PM - Disaster Plans and Emergency Kits
- Thursday, September 17, 6:00 PM - Earthquake Preparedness and Home Hazards
- Tuesday, September 22, 6:00 PM - Community Fire Season Briefing
- Wednesday, September 23, 6:00 PM - New Evacuation Zones
- Thursday, September 24, 6:00 PM - Home Ignition Zone Seminar
- Monday, September 28, 6:00 PM - Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS)
- Wednesday, September 30, 6:00 PM - Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all trainings, seminars, and briefings will be held online.