September 1, 2020
American Red Cross will provide a presentation on how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting its shelter operation plans, and what can be expected if evacuations occur and a shelter is opened. American Red Cross operates shelter during disasters, evacuations, and other extreme situations.
Sheltering During COVID-19
Tuesday, September 1, 2020
As part of National Preparedness Month, the community is invited to view a presentation on how COVID-19 is affecting emergency shelter operation plans. Presented by American Red Cross.
Register at MalibuSafety.EventBrite.com and a Zoom link will be provided to view the event.
National Preparedness Month
September is National Preparedness Month, and the Public Safety Office is hosting numerous events to encourage the public to get prepared:
- Tuesday, September 1, 6:00 PM - Sheltering During COVID-19
- Thursday, September 3, 6:00 PM - New Evacuation Zones
- Thursday, September 10, 6:00 PM - Disaster Plans and Emergency Kits
- Thursday, September 17, 6:00 PM - Earthquake Preparedness and Home Hazards
- Tuesday, September 22, 6:00 PM - Community Fire Season Briefing
- Wednesday, September 23, 6:00 PM - New Evacuation Zones
- Thursday, September 24, 6:00 PM - Home Ignition Zone Seminar
- Monday, September 28, 6:00 PM - Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS)
- Wednesday, September 30, 6:00 PM - Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all trainings, seminars, and briefings will be held online.