November 30, 2017
Malibu City Hall Council Chambers / Malibu Civic Theater
23825 Stuart Ranch Road
Malibu, CA 90265
**STRAWS film is at maximum capacity. You may place your name on a waitlist between 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM at the event. All reserved tickets will be released at 7:15 PM - people on the waitlist will be seated on a first-come first-served basis. Thank you for all of the support for this event!**
Film Screening: Straws
Thursday, November 30, 2017
Free documentary film screening about plastic waste, such as single-use plastic bags and drinking straws
Join the City of Malibu and Crayon Collection for a free screening of the acclaimed documentary STRAWS. The film uncovers the environmental harm caused by plastic pollution, and how eliminating plastic drinking straws is a fast and effective way to reduce plastic pollution.
The evening will include discounted, plant-based meals served by Green Truck, a musical performance by Joe Sumner, and a panel discussion following the film.
- 6:00 PM - Dinner with Green Truck featuring $10 Mother Trucker Burgers and Super-Food Salad Bowls
- 7:00 PM - Film Screening followed by a song by Joe Sumner and a panel discussion
- Linda Booker, STRAWS Filmmaker
- Grace Lee, Director of Outreach at The Bay Foundation
- Kim Nilsson, President of Solid Waste Solutions
- Jackie Nuñez, Founder of The Last Plastic Straw
The event is free, but space is limited! Reserve your tickets online.
Watch the official trailer on Vimeo and download the event flyer.