- Coronavirus Information
- Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness
Maintaining a healthy diet and getting exercise is always important, but even more so during the COVID-19 pandemic. During times of uncertainty and stress, sleep is crucial to allow the body to rest and heal.
It important for us to stay connected with one another, while staying physically apart. Check on loved ones, friends and neighbors, particularly those who are most isolated and in need of support.
Stay Healthy and manage stress
- Malibu’s Virtual Environmental Center is your one-stop shop for upcoming online workshops, videos, and information about City sustainability projects.
- Malibu’s Virtual Recreation Center offers wellness activities for families and individuals.
- Free Pet Adoption - Make an appointment to find a furry friend.
- Mental Health Resources - It’s okay to ask for help.
- Engage CA Program - Stay home. Save lives. Check in with neighbors and friends.
- Coping with Stress – CDC has recommendations for managing anxiety and stress.
- Combating Disinformation and Rumors - FEMA created a Rumor Control webpage.
- Governor Newsom announced plans to allow hospitals and health systems to resume delayed medical care for Californians.
- COVID-19 Nurse Advice hotline 844-804-0055, seven days a week, 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Those with insurance should contact their physician with any questions.
Best Practices - Do Your Part
To help prevent the spread of the virus, the Los Angeles County Revised Order issued April 10, 2020 requires members of the public and essential workers to wear a face covering inside any essential business.
- County of Los Angeles Public Health Dept Guidance for Face Coverings
- US Surgeon General video for making a simple face covering
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) provides helpful guidance on how to make and properly wear cloth face coverings.
Social Distancing / Physical Distancing
Protect Yourself and Others
There are steps that everyone can take daily to reduce the risk of getting sick or infecting others with COVID-19:
- Practice social distancing in compliance with health officer orders. Whenever you are out, keep six feet apart from everyone else as much as possible.
- If you are an essential worker, stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning product.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your elbow (not your hands).
- Wear a cloth face covering whenever you are outside of your home and around others.