information For Residents
- Keep containers out of public view until pick-up day, such as in the garage, or in a back or side yard
- Place containers on the street and sidewalk no sooner than 5:30 p.m. the day before your scheduled collection
- Remove all containers from the street and sidewalk no later than 8:00 p.m. on collection day
- Neglecting these rules is unsightly, unsafe, and a violation of local laws
Waste Management services the portion of the City outside the MGDD. Contact your customer service representative for information on trash, recyclables, and green waste pickup days. These schedules are subject to change due to observed holidays.
- Contact Waste Management at 800-675-1171 or 805-522-9400
Information For Haulers
A City permit is required for hauling debris, green waste and recyclables from residential and commercial properties. Waste haulers responsible for handling Construction and Demolition (C&D) waste must obtain a Hauler Permit prior to collecting, hauling and transporting C&D waste from within city limits. The exception is a contractor performing self-hauling.
A list of permitted haulers is provided for filming projects, construction and/or clean-up projects. Non-permitted haulers may be subject to fines and/or removal of their bins.
- Solid Waste Regional Plans for Los Angeles County
- California Green Building Standards Code
- Commercial Recycling - Information for haulers regarding State AB341
- Organic Waste Recycling - Information provided by CalRecycle regarding State AB1826
- Basic Inspection of Terminal Program - BIT program changes are effective January 1, 2016
- California Highway Patrol - Find motor carrier inspection results