On March 13, 2020, both Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) and Southern California Edison (SCE) announced a suspension of service disconnections to any customers who are having a hard time paying their bills. Customers are encouraged to call 877-238-0092 for SoCalGas and 800-950-2356 for SCE to speak with a customer service representative about their bill. Visit SoCalGas.com/coronavirus and SCE.com/billhelp for more information.
- Southern California Edison: 800-655-4555 for general services, or call the Malibu business office at 800-611-1911 (24-hour emergency number or to report a power outage). For information and updates on power outages, visit the Outage Center webpage.
Effective March 23, 2020, SoCalGas branch payment offices are closed to the public. Bill payment options and services during COVID-19 are available at SoCalGas.com/coronavirus.
- Southern California Gas Company: 800-427-2200
- County of Los Angeles, Waterworks District 29: 310-456-6621 or 877-637-3661
- After hours, call 24-hour hotline at 626-458-4357
- To report a broken water main, call 800-675-4357
- West Basin Municipal Water District: 310-217-2411 (for water conservation information and tips)
- Malibu Rd and all areas east of John Tyler Dr (except Serra Retreat) - Universal Waste Systems, 800-631-7016 or 562-941-4900
- All other areas - G.I. Rubbish/Waste Management, 805-522-9400
- Temporary bins for construction projects - City permitted hauler list is updated annually after July 1
- City of Malibu, Public Works Department: 310-456-2489, ext. 352 (to request repair of a malfunctioning street light)