- City Government
- Current & Long Range Planning
- La Paz Ranch Project
La Paz Ranch Project
The project has received planning approvals and building permits and is under construction.
In 2008, the City approved the La Paz Ranch 0.20 Floor Area Ratio (FAR) Development Agreement project for construction of 112,058 square feet of commercial office and retail uses, and a 20,000 square foot City Hall complex. The 0.20 FAR project provided the developer with an additional 12,941 square feet of commercial square footage, and allocated 20,000 square feet to the City of Malibu for a future City Hall complex or other municipal use to be determined by the City. For a complete project history and project scope through 2019, view the La Paz Ranch History memorandum.
In January 2020, the Planning Commission held a public hearing to consider amendments to the project.
- Planning Commission Resolution No. 20-17
- Planning Commission Agenda Report (Item No. 4A)
- Commission Briefing Booklet - January 16, 2020
- Updated Renderings - January 16, 2020
- Mitigation Monitoring Program (see December 2019 Addendum and Planning Commission Resolution No. 20-17)
- Additional meeting materials can be viewed by visiting OnBase.
*Note: In 2008, a 0.15 FAR project was also approved; however, in 2016, the applicant allowed the 0.15 FAR project to expire.
Environmental Review and Technical Studies & Documents
View the La Paz Ranch Revised Final Environmental Impact Report (EIR) and addendums, as well as City project approvals and technical studies on the Documents/ Resources webpage.
SIGN UP FOR E-NOTIFICATIONS
To be notified directly of important information regarding the La Paz Ranch project, including public hearings and meetings, email email@example.com.