Passport Acceptance Facility
As of January 1, 2004, the City of Malibu is designated as an authorized United States Passport Acceptance Facility. This facility is by appointment only.
Please consult the U.S. Department of State Passport Agency website for current processing times.
Renewals are not processed at the City of Malibu if the applicant meets the requirements for Renewal by Mail
The Passport Acceptance Facility offers the following services:
- Expedited Processing (up to three weeks turnaround time)
- First Time Passports
- Lost or Stolen Passports
- Passport Changes or Amendments
- Passports for Minors - special requirements for minors under the age of 18:
- Passport Photo Service* - $10 Fee
* NOTE: Effective November 1, 2016, no photo with eyeglasses will be accepted by the Passport Agency unless accompanied by a doctor's note.
Per the U.S. State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs, non-refundable fees for passport services include an application fee (payable to the U.S. Department of State by personal check, money order, or bank draft only - no cash may be accepted for the U.S. Department of State's portion) and, in most instances, an execution fee (payable to the City of Malibu by personal check, money order, bank draft, or cash only).
Credit Cards are not accepted for any passport payment.
For additional details, go to the U.S. Department of State Passport Agency website.