FREE Income Tax Preparation & Family Assistance Services
The City of Malibu is proud to partner with the California State Board of Equalization and Franchise Tax Board in promoting the 2013 Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program and Free Income Tax Preparation and Family Services events. VITA aids low income families with their tax preparation and ensure that qualified filers take full advantage of available tax credits.
In addition to receiving tax preparation assistance, which helped thousands of Californians file in 2012 and capture $3.7 million in federal tax credits, qualifying participants will also have the opportunity to apply for and receive a broad range of much-needed family services. Services, including low cost or free medical services, job preparation assistance, food and nutrition service and more, will be available to the public at VITA events throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
The following series of VITA mega events, offering free income tax preparation and family services, are scheduled in LA County:
- Saturday, February 9, 10am-3pm: Cal State University, Long Beach, 1250 Bellflower Blvd., Long Beach 90840
- Saturday, February 16, 8am-4pm: Cal State University, Los Angeles, 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles 90032
- Saturday, February 23, 10am-3pm: Cal State University, Dominguez Hills, 1000 E. Victoria Street, Carson 90747
- Saturday, March 2, 10am-3pm: Cal State Polytechnic University, Pomona, 3801 W. Temple Avenue, Pomona 91789
- Saturday, March 8, 10am-3pm: Rio Hondo College, 3600 Workman Mill Road, Whittier 90601
Additional services are available through the offices of the State Board of Equalization, 4th District. A complete schedule can be downloaded below.