Pollution Prevention Hotline
Phone Us… If you would like to report flows into our storm drain system or onto any public street, call (310) 359-8003.
The Pollution Prevention Hotline is for the public to provide immediate notification of activities that are impacting the environment and/or public health. The Hotline is staffed 24/7 with bilingual operators to assist callers. Operators will immediately notify appropriate City staff to respond to the incident. Dependent upon the type of incident reported, City staff may contact the caller to obtain additional information. All caller information will be kept confidential.
Examples of prohibited activities include:
- Sewage discharges onto the ground, into storm drains or surface waters (creeks and oceans)
- Overflowing onsite wastewater treatment systems (OWTS also known as Septic Systems)
- Septic or graywater (soapy water from washing machines or car washing) flowing towards storm drains or surface waters
- Pollution entering storm drains or surface waters
- Contamination to creeks, lagoons, or the ocean
- Dry-weather discharge from pipes
- Dumping into drains and/or surface waters
- Construction site soil or debris entering the streets, storm drains, or surface waters
- Polluted runoff from construction storage or leaking dumpsters
Email Us… If you would like to report flows into our storm drain system or onto any public street, click here.
Only report incidents via email if the event has happened in the recent past or is not immediately dangerous to public health and/or the environment. You are welcome and encouraged to attach photos. Please note that the City data/file size limit is 10MB per email.
Please call City Hall at (310) 456-2489 regarding other Environmental Programs during business hours (M-TH 7:30am-5:30pm & F 7:30am-4:30pm).
CLICK HERE for the informational brochure.