Go To Search
Click to Home

Special Event Permits
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you must obtain a Special Event Permit for your event. These rules apply only to events in residential zones. For non-residential zones, a Temporary Use Permit may be required.

  • Do you anticipate or are you prepared to accommodate 100 or more persons?
  • Will there be any of the following:
    • Admission fee?
    • Public advertising?
    • Rental of the house / facility / venue?
    • Promotion of a product?
    • Any actions intended to attract the media or paparazzi?

The Special Event Permit application  must be submitted to the Planning Department Public Counter - an appointment is required. Contact Planning staff at 310-456-2489 ext. 485 to schedule an appointment.

Contact Us
Planning Hotline
310-456-2489, ext. 485

23825 Stuart Ranch Road
Malibu, CA 90265

Planning Department FacebookPlanning Department Twitter

Counter Hours
7:30 AM - 5:30 PM

7:30 AM - 4:30 PM

City of Malibu